Wednesday 15 October 2008

ARTISTS - FERGUS Purcell INTERVIEW

Name: Fergadelic
Age: 38
Place of birth: Amersham, UK
Art: Yes!
Materials: Pixels, Pilot DR pen, Ink & Skin, Needle & Thread on Denim...& anything else I can get my hands on!
Techniques: Er...see above.
When did you start working as an artist/illustrator, where, at what age? At age 5. Apparently I never used to draw before this (weird!). My parents asked a teacher who recommended an Ed Emberley "How to Draw" book...which really did the trick. Nice one
Teacher & Ed! After that I drew everything.
A little bit about your journey… My journey?….To interpret The World through Art...primarily to Draw it...& thus to Understand it, to Belong to it & in so doing I capture all that I Love about being here on this AMAZING Planet...I archive it & feed on it & I form another Link in a long Chain of Shamen, Healers & Medicine Men, who have also done so through history. Through my Art I share that Love & I manifest my Art through my Long term Project: Tonite. I'm on A Mission!"
Why did you want to be involved in the project? Niceness!
How do you feel about collaborating in this way? Stoked!
Do you have any plans to take this further? Exhibit, further making etc? I'm never one for a long-term plan (Improvise, Mutate, Crustomize, Survive!), but this project has legs, so we'll see.

Nice one Ferg.

No comments: